I solve data-related problems. I use data science and full-stack data development tools to generate analysis and applications. I follow an agile, test-driven development methodology. My preferred toolset is as follows:
- Primarily Python and R, with Bash to glue it all together.
- Web Frameworks
- Python's Django and Flask
- Visualization Libraries
- R's ggplot2 and Python's matplotlib for static visualizations.
Python's Bokeh for dashboards.
- Big Data Tools
- Pig and Scalding are my preferred Map Reduce abstraction layers.
Together with Python, R, and Bash, I have experience utilizing these tools
within the Hadoop File System to make large amounts of data manageable.
- Back End
- Nginx, Gunicorn, MySQL-driven databases
- Version Control
- Git, Subversion
- Testing Frameworks
However, I have experience with other technologies and am always happy to work with the stack that is best suited for the job at hand.